90% in Favor
267 Families Participated
feasibility results letter
30 August 2016
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
As you may know, we recently completed a feasibility study to determine our ability to raise enough money in a 4 phase capital campaign. The company we hired for the process, the Steier group, completed its work earlier this month and reported the findings to our building committee and finance council. The results were very encouraging:
- 267 households participated in the survey
- 90 percent of the respondents were in favor of beginning a capital campaign
- 76 families or individuals volunteered to serve as campaign leaders or to help solicit gifts.
- The church remodel phase of the study which includes fixing our HVAC and fire systems, a new gathering area and a renovation of the altar area scored the highest priority, coming in at 8.26 out of 10.
- Our school phase which includes an expansion and remodel scored 2nd in terms of priority, with a score of 7.55 out of 10.
The Steier group has assured us that these numbers represent a very positive response from our community concerning our plans to move forward. The results tell us that although our school is a high priority, our first phase should address the needs of our church. The study has also given us real confidence that our project is achievable.
In the coming weeks, our building committee will be working with our architect and general contractor to finalize the costs of our proposed plans. Once these plans are finalized, we will present them to the Archdiocese for final approval. The approved plan will then be presented to the parish community. This process should take 4-6 weeks.
I want to personally thank all of you for your participation in the study, and for your support in making Our Lady of Lourdes what I believe is the best parish and school in our state. I am excited about what God has in store for us, and for the souls we can reach for Him as we work together for His kingdom.
Fr. Brian Larkin